A student, by the act of registering, automatically incurs a financial obligation to Technical College of the Rockies. This obligation must be satisfied by appropriate payment. Students are responsible for keeping in communication with the Business department, and arranging payment details before class begins. Financial aid options are available. All students should apply for FAFSA.

Contact Financial Aid Advisor Tony Bowling 970-874-7671 or fill out the form below.


What is federal student aid?

Federal Aid is money from the federal government that helps you pay for college, career school, or graduate school expenses. Federal student aid is available through grants, work-study funds, and loans (Loans are not available at this time at TCR). All students should apply for FAFSA. This will be necessary to apply for many scholarships and Grants as well.

How do I apply for Federal Aid?

You need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form by logging in at to apply online, or completing and mailing the FAFSA PDF.

When should I apply?

Each October, the FAFSA form is available for the next school year. You’ll need to reapply for aid every year you are in school. Below is a summary of key dates for submitting the FAFSA form depending on when you plan to go to school:

2022–23 Award Year If you plan to attend college from July 1, 2022–June 30, 2023 You will submit the 2022–23 FAFSA form. You can submit the FAFSA form from Oct. 1, 2022–June 30, 2023.

Who gets federal student aid?

Every student who meets certain eligibility requirements can get some type of federal student aid. Some of the most basic eligibility requirements for students are

• Demonstrating financial need (for most programs)

• Being a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen

• Having a valid Social Security number (some exceptions apply)

• Being enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible degree or certificate program

• Being enrolled at least half-time (for most programs)

• Maintain satisfactory academic progress in college, career school, or graduate school.

What is the difference between a grant and a loan?

  • A grant is financial assistance that typically does not need to be repaid.
  • A loan is financial assistance that will have to be repaid, and Technical

College of the Rockies no longer offers loans to students.

Payment Policy

A student, by the act of registering, automatically incurs a financial obligation to Technical College of the Rockies. This obligation must be satisfied by appropriate payment. This means that a student who registered for one or more classes is obligated to pay the full amount of the tuition and fees whether or not the student attends class. Failure to pay tuition and fees may result in cancellation of a student’s registration. Unpaid accounts will be forwarded to a collection agency that may impact the student’s credit rating and may result in additional collection fees, attorney fees, interest, or other costs. Technical College of the Rockies will not be able to register a student, provide semester grades, final transcript, or issue a certificate of completion to any current or former student who has an outstanding balance.

Allowing Veterans to Attend or Participate in Courses Pending VA Payment Section 1O3 of Public Law (PL) 115-407,’Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018,’ amends Title 38 US Code 3679 by adding a new subsection (e) that requires disapproval of courses of education, beginning August 1,2019, at any educational institution that does not have a policy in place that will allow an individual to attend or participate in a course of education, pending VA payment, providing the individual submits a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under Chapter 3l or 33.

In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679(e), Technical College of the Rockies following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) post-9-11 GI Bill® (Ch.33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from VA. Technical College of the Rockies will not:

• Prevent the student’s enrollment
• Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
• Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding; Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

• Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
• Provide a written request to be certified;
• Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at