To bolster our capabilities and to help us grow regionally, Otak is seeking Civil Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) individuals for our Louisville, CO office. Are you inspired by performing quality work and want to create sustainable civil and water infrastructure throughout Colorado? This opportunity allows you to work on a wide variety of projects including roadway design; active transportation including paths, pedestrian underpasses, and pedestrian bridges; streetscapes; site development; structural design; vehicular bridges; water resources projects including stream restoration and diversion designs; and construction documentation. We take pride in our ability to develop creative designs that are environmentally sensitive and aesthetically pleasing. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with an enthusiastic, team-oriented attitude and advanced level design and drafting proficiency.
Occasional travel between our Louisville and Denver offices may be necessary for design team collaboration and/or client meetings. This is a hybrid position.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare standard engineering drawings, documents, layouts, sketches, maps, renderings, and graphic representations of engineering designs using computer-aided design software and under direct supervision of professional staff.
- Perform design services related to transportation or water resources design, site layout, grading, structural, stormwater management, and erosion control.
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, aerial photographs of terrain, existing and proposed characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design projects.
- Assist team members in the preparation of drawing packages, project construction estimates, and bid item review.
What you bring:
- One-year Certification or an Associate degree in Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) Technology, Civil Engineering or related field, or equivalent demonstrated experience in a civil engineering field.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a civil engineering (or related) field, that includes design experience – drafting of civil/water resources projects (e.g., stormwater, stream restoration, hydraulic structures, roadway, site development, and/or bridges or buildings).
- Skilled in plan preparation, and an understanding of specifications, contract documents and/or other civil engineering processes is preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D required (MicroStation a plus).
- Ability to work collaboratively within a creative, professional, team environment.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience, qualifications, and work location as well as market and business considerations.
Salary Range: $70,000 – $95,000 per year
At our core, we believe that supporting our communities begins with supporting our employees. No matter what stage you’re at in your career, we have a comprehensive total rewards program to enhance your quality of life, help support your family, and assist you in achieving your personal and professional goals. Otak employees enjoy competitive salaries; discretionary performance bonuses; no-cost medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, HRA/HSA; a 401(k)-retirement match that is 100% vested immediately; Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual based on your industry experience rather than your seniority plus 9 paid holidays per year; a commuter allowance (based on your office location); support for your professional registration and/or certification fees; and much more! If you are out of the area and interested in relocating for this opportunity, relocation assistance may be provided.
Why work at Otak? Watch this short video: Our Why
We’re not just looking for skills and experience, having shared values is just as important! When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. The Equal Opportunity policy at Otak provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, nation origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status or disability or any other status(es) protected by law. Otak ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and mandatory supplements to EEO (revisions).
At Otak, we recognize that inclusion is a practice, and we are determined to lead our industry by embedding that practice into our work. Cultivating an inclusive workplace environment is ongoing and consistent work, requiring dedication and commitment from every member of the organization. This commitment is reflected in Otak’s promise to significantly increase employee diversity, impact the communities in which we work, and establish ongoing relationships within these communities.
Otak’s Vision for an Inclusive Environment includes the following:
- We embrace diverse identities, and willingly engage across difference
- All employees can experience the workplace safely and show up as their authentic selves
- Fostering unique perspectives and an open exchange of ideas
- Engaging one another with curiosity rather than judgment
- Relationships are built on mutual trust, dignity, and respect
If you are a minority, veteran, person with a disability, or a member of the LGBTQA Community, we strongly encourage and welcome you to apply to any open position of interest. If you want to learn more about Otak, this position, or the company’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, contact our Human Resources Department at GRPHumanResources@otak.com.
*Please note, Otak is not accepting resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies currently.