Technical College of the Rockies offers concurrent enrollment to high school students from Delta, Montrose, Gunnison, San Miguel, Ouray, Hinsdale and Mesa counties. What is concurrent enrollment? Concurrent enrollment is the opportunity to attend a higher education institution while attending high school and receiving college credit. Each school district pays a portion of the costs on the student’s behalf if they qualify.
- Advanced Mechanical Computer-Aided Drafting & Design
- Architectural Computer-Aided Drafting & Design
- Automotive Service Technician
- Civil Computer-Aided Drafting & Design
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Maintenance and Light Repair
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant
- Nail Technician
- Nurse Aide
- Veterinary Assistant
What are the requirements of the School District for concurrent enrollment?
- Students must be attending a school district with a current Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with TCR.
- This MOU will list concurrent options for each school district.
What are the requirements for concurrent enrollment at TCR?
- Students who are interested in attending our institution must be on track to graduate with their high school, be at least 16 years of age (or have permission from the TCR Registrar) and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Students must also have permission from their counselor and parents to attend TCR.
When to Apply:
Fall 2023 Semester
Applications for concurrent enrollment are accepted for the fall programs starting March 15th and ending May 9th, 2023.
All documentation needed for admission must be submitted to the Admissions Office by no later than May 19th, 2023 to be considered for enrollment for the Fall 2023 Semester. Immunization series and TB tests will be the only requirements allowed after May 19th.
- Deadline for Payment: August 1, 2023–More Information
Spring 2024 Semester
- Applications for concurrent enrollment are accepted for the Spring programs starting March 15th and ending May 9th, 2023.
All documentation needed for admission must be submitted to the Admissions Office by no later than December 1st, 2023 to be considered for enrollment for the Spring 2023 semester. Immunization series and TB tests will be the only requirements allowed after December 1st, 2023.
Deadline for Payment: December 15th, 2023–More Information
How Do I Get Started?
First, speak with your counselor and confirm that you are on track to graduate, meet the GPA requirements, and can fit your high school schedule around TCR class times.
- If TCR will be coming to your campus for a registration day, sign up for a time slot to apply with your counselor. Your parent or guardian must be present. TCR staff will assist you in completing the application. Please see the list to the right for the schools and dates we will be visiting.
- If TCR will NOT be coming to your school, please plan on attending one of the 2 registration days held at the TCR main campus. The registration days will be May 2nd, and May 9th at 5pm on both days. Your parent or guardian must be present. TCR staff will assist you in completing the application.
Complete all application requirements, including submitting a copy of your Driver’s License, Learner’s Permit, or State ID, and a copy of your current transcripts. Have your counselor send your transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive notifications of what is required to complete your application in your email, and will receive an acceptance email when all requirements are completed.
- If you are unable to attend any of the available registration dates, please call 970-874-7671 to set up a meeting time with TCR staff to discuss if you qualify for an individual registration meeting.
- For payment information, or to set up a payment plan contact the Business Office at 970-874-6510. Billing for Fall 2023 will begin after July 1st, 2023, and is due by August 1st, 2023. Billing for Spring 2024 will begin after September 15th, 2023, and is due by December 15th, 2023.
High School and Date:
North Fork High School – 04/13/2023
Olathe High School – 04/17/2023
Montrose High School – 04/19/2023
Delta High School – 04/25/2023
Cedaredge High School – 04/27/2023
Grand Mesa Choice Academy – 05/03/2023
Fruita High School – TBD
Grand Junction High Schools – TBD