Academic Probation and Appeals

Students may be placed on academic probation if they fail to meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress warning. When there are mitigating circumstances that occur such as a death in the immediate family, prolonged illness, etc., the student may appeal in writing to the Student Services Office. The appeals committee consisting of the Director of the College or his designee, the Program Coordinator and the Student Services Coordinator, will review the appeal in a timely manner, and if approved, the student may return to complete his or her certificate program and if applicable have financial aid reinstated.