We are working hard to ensure each and every student is able to complete their programs in a timely manner. We do have to comply with the CDC, State, Delta Department of Health, and DCSC rules and guidelines to ensure all persons on campus are safe.
- Administration/front office are available via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (970-874-7671). To meet face to face with the the Business Office, Registrar, Student Services, or Financial Aid, you must make an appointment first via the contact info above.
- Our current business hours are 8:00am-3:00pm and by appointment.
All Designated funds for students have been allocated.
Daily Health Questions
- Please go through this checklist prior to coming to campus. Have you had any of the following symptoms:
- If you answered YES to any of the above, please do not come to campus and notify your instructor.
Have you had any of the following symptoms:
- Loss of smell or taste?
- Any new symptoms of sore throat, unusual muscle aches, headaches, nausea, diarrhea, or loss of appetite, shortness of breath, runny nose or congestion, or fatigue.
- Have you been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by a medical professional or local public health office?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with been diagnosed with COVID-19, or been placed on quarantine for possible contact with COVID-19?
If you answered YES to any of the above – please notify your instructor.
COVID-19 Informational Videos
TCR Campus Guidelines:
We want to keep our campus as safe as possible; should you feel ill, please do not come to class and notify your instructor of your illness. CURRENT DISTRICT GUIDELINES
HEERF Quarterly Reports:
HEERF Annual Reports: